Gran Turismo Sport

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Felix, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

I was just wondering if anyone else has bought the game?

I also got Project Cars 2, but find GT-Sport a more enjoyable game, even if it is so light on content next to PC2.

2. DrHankWanfordSnr

DrHankWanfordSnr That's not new, its always been there.

I'm going to get it (and project cars2) eventually.

I shall wave as you drive past :)

3. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett I am the projectionist.

Did I hear correctly that there's no single player mode?

4. DrHankWanfordSnr

There is - but (from what I've read) it more about licence tests,
    Felix will be along presently with a more informative answer.

Felix and Wade Garrett like this.
  5. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

Nothing other than the old style licence tests. You basically level up your driving level, race rating and safety rating by doing the GT Sport Online races and championships. The matchmaking works by putting the slower drivers together, which are then split by slow and clean drivers and slow and accident/dirty prone drivers together. It seems to be working out now the online races have been going on for a month.

One annoyance I have is the lack of well known tracks. They don't even have Le Mans or Silverstone for Christ's sake!

The "small" number of cars they have are really fun, the Group 4 (GT4) Group 3 (GT3) are by far the most fun to race and the daily races feature these groups. There is a higher group which is GT1 or LMP1 cars.

Wade Garrett likes this.
  6. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus” Staff Member

It sounds like Gran Turismo has turned into an iRacing clone.

Felix likes this.
  7. DrHankWanfordSnr

Meanwhile, GT6 is a joy* of familiar tracks and races against AI I can beat with money and 'not observing track limits'

*other than the awful universal "impact between two objects' bonk sound

Felix and Robstafarian like this.
  8. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

Roberto, you're very correct in saying that. With GT Sport, there is now an official FIA licence and racing championships, so there were a lot of things they needed to add to the online/e-sports aspect. I took part in one of the test races in a championship and people behave much better than with the normal day to day online racing.

I'm lucky that I have the Thrustmaster RS300 wheelbase and I bought the high end pedals found with the RS500 base. It's made racing much more enjoyable for me and really does make you faster than using the PS4 Dual shock controller.

Tony,

GT5 was the last one I owned and I really enjoyed the online racing with that. GT-Sport has really taken things to a whole new level. I want to get the PS4 Pro so I can get the full use out of the game graphics and a rock solid 60fps with a 4K TV.

The penalty system in a race is good, you need to keep two wheels on the rack otherwise you get a time penalty. You can either slow down or get the time added on at the end.

Some of the tracks are really good racing with the GT4 and Gt3 level cars, but only handful suit the LMP1 cars. I hope they add many more in the near future.

DrHankWanfordSnr likes this.
  9. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus” Staff Member

I have been considering getting back into sim racing, though I am cognizant that driving virtually may prevent me from driving actually.