Gear you have sold and bought again, maybe even multiple times

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I'd never have to sell gear again!!
I've felt like this before. I can afford gear these days. I still sell unused gear. In the end, you don't really need that much. I always thought I wanted a big cabinet full of pedals, just to be able to pick & mix whenever I like. I sold everything. For live and home I use the HX Effects. I have saved 2 or 3 pedals I really like that are unique and for the studio our bass player owns the studio and owns said cabinet of pedals for me to use. So why own it myself.

Last edited:

Chili Hobbes

So much time, and so little to do.
I haven't done this myself, but I am current owner of a rather fetching, if a little too yellow, Ibanez that I'm the 8th or so person who has bought it, but only the 4th different owner as it did the rounds on these very forums. A lot.

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
Oh dear... my list is reasonably long but I’ll highlight a few key pieces..

Marshall DSL 401C. I’ve owned this amp 4 times. Tbh, I usually sold it to fund “something better”. I even sold it to buy the head and cab version only to find that the combo was the reason I liked it in the first place.

Mesa boogie Lonestar. Sold the first one to bankroll my business. I promised myself to get one again once the business had stabilised. I’m happy to say that I’ve owned mine for about 8 months now and I don’t plan on letting it go.

I bought an Ibby RGD2127fx (fixed bridge) a few years back. Liked it but didn’t play it much as I wasn’t downtuning so didn’t dig the extra stretch and string tension so sold it with strong suspicion I’d regret it.
About a year after selling I discovered drop a and drop g# and wanted another. As an added testicular blow, I could not find that model (fixed bridge) so ended up buying the UC version

I now have a slightly nicer guitar (BKP Aftermaths SS frets and an ebony board) and a lot less cash in my bank. It’s a lovely guitar so I say buggerit, you live n learn :D

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
I bought an Ibby RGD2127fx (fixed bridge) a few years back. Liked it but didn’t play it much as I wasn’t downtuning so didn’t dig the extra stretch and string tension so sold it with strong suspicion I’d regret it.
About a year after selling I discovered drop a and drop g# and wanted another. As an added testicular blow, I could not find that model (fixed bridge) so ended up buying the UC version

I now have a slightly nicer guitar (BKP Aftermaths SS frets and an ebony board) and a lot less cash in my bank. It’s a lovely guitar so I say buggerit, you live n learn :D
Aaaah, there’s nothing like an Ibby model number to bring out the bohemian romantic in me;)
So...I think I need some pics to help me properly visualise the pang in your heart at the loss of the RGD21883bbdttts4/377ddvs/3333.9926 *runs away giggling* that you had to sell.
Plus some pics of the newer BKP laden bad boy that took its place.
:)

Aaaah, there’s nothing like an Ibby model number to bring out the bohemian romantic in me;)
So...I think I need some pics to help me properly visualise the pang in your heart at the loss of the RGD21883bbdttts4/377ddvs/3333.9926 *runs away giggling* that you had to sell.
Haha that’s pure mischief that is. I made the effort to look up the model number, you expect me to also provide pics of two almost identical matt black guitars?!?! :D

Mebbe later ;)

On a more serious note, I skipped the s5527 or whatever it’s called that was in between. I still have it but couldn’t for the life of me remember the name :D

DrJazztap

I'm terrible for this wirh pedals. I think "It can't have been that bad" and then buy it again and go yeah it was.
I've had (from memory)

2 metal zones (god that was 18 years ago)
2 big box q trons
3 big muff usa pedals (third is staying put)
2 ts9's
2 ehx hot tubes fuzz pedals (great sounding valve fuzz pedal which is microphonic with a god awful 3 pin power adaptor)
2 line6 echoparks
2 mxr dynacomps

mirage2101

I was at the point of selling my Princeton and Gibson so I could get a prs... decided to plug them in once more and they’re not going. I’ll just wait and save up. I think I’d regret letting them go.

JayXanderB

B.C. Rich fanboi
My Pacifica should count butnone that I've definitely had two of is the Jackson Adrian Smith SDX but the second one was pants compared to the first. One I do want another of though is a Yamaha Wes Borland CV820WB. Sold it to fund a custom guitar that never materialised :(:(:(

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Ibby item codes are really not that bad once you get the hang of them. You can actually tell a lot about the specs in an Ibanez from that code.

RGD2127FX tells me it's a Prestige 7-string with a fixed bridge.

Take another example of a longer item code:

RGDIX6MPB-SPB. RGD tells me it's the extende 26.5" scale RG, IX tells me it's from the Iron Label series, 6 tells me it's a 6-string. M stands for maple fretboard. PB stands for Poplar Burl Top and SPB is the color code. There also the RGDIX6MPBL-SPB which tells me it's a lefty.

This is applicable for all models. It's really not that bad. :D