Future NGD

Soap Distant

The Big Kahuna (again!)
I've been planning my 60th birthday present for a while now (February 2022 - but you've got to make sure you make the right decision, right?)

My 30th present to myself in 1992 was a Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro, which I still own, and I had it narrowed down to:

Custom Shop Les Paul
Something from Crimson
Patrick Eggle Macon '59 Burst "replica"

I suppose it was inevitable really, but I was chatting with Adrian Thorpe, who owns 6, so I've just submitted a quote request to Patrick.

Now I just need to start saving and practicing my tits off so I don't feel like a spoiled fraud with a nice guitar.

I also need to sneak a few more into the house before then, because my wife will definitely make sure this is my last!

craig

Cool man, planning ahead I like it! I would get a Les Paul Custom but I will always choose them over anything else lol

Hope you get something amazing you can cherish forever!

Uptown

A confused lysdexic
My 2 cents on the options

for that money you can get an old LP custom (If your shoulders/back are up for it) The T tops in the pre 80'ish models backwards are the absolute bits in my opinion.

Crimson, can't go wrong and you'll get something great and likely unique.

Likewise with the macon, you'd be hard fought to find a better instrument.

Sounds like it's win win for this one.

Last edited:

JimothyBeed

The Fired Up Bassist.
Hmmm, not to hijack, but this is making me wonder about holding off on a bass purchase till my 30th in april, save up a bit more if I can for then instead, vast majority of everything will be paid off by then too.

All sound like nice options, though I have no idea about any of them personally haha.

Stu_T

I've been planning my 60th birthday present for a while now (February 2022 - but you've got to make sure you make the right decision, right?)

My 30th present to myself in 1992 was a Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro, which I still own, and I had it narrowed down to:

Custom Shop Les Paul
Something from Crimson
Patrick Eggle Macon '59 Burst "replica"

I suppose it was inevitable really, but I was chatting with Adrian Thorpe, who owns 6, so I've just submitted a quote request to Patrick.

Now I just need to start saving and practicing my tits off so I don't feel like a spoiled fraud with a nice guitar.

I also need to sneak a few more into the house before then, because my wife will definitely make sure this is my last!
Having played Adrians they are very nice.

I would say from my experience the quality you get from Eggle would be hard to match from Gibson. Crimson have a good online presence however I'm yet to play one I think is up to the price tag they carry. They are for me the definition of meh.