• You need to have made 10 posts to be able to post a new thread in this forum.

Further cull?

Alan O'hagan

For ease of reference, here it is:

THE LIST!

I’m actually VERY proud of myself.

Marvin £2300
Norah £700
Merlot £700
Scott £800
Matt £600
Mollusk £900
Casey £800
Damascus £1000
Enzo £600
Brownie £1300
Hex £800
Bruce £600
Googolplex £900
Suzi £1000
Orion £650
Tango £700
Mildred £1000
Myth £500
Virgil £150
Thor £250
Genesis £750
Lily £600
Sparrow £700
Angus £500
Nancy SOLD £600
Seventeen £800
Jonah £700
Allan £700
Lola £1300
Pussy £700
Achtund £800
Siebenhund £700
Vierhund £500

Www.doctorpaul.wix.com/Guitars

———————

Hmm. I’ve been thinking.

It started with an electrical problem at my place ... a short under the kitchen floor. No big deal, but the sparky needed all of the plugs on the affected circuit to be removed before he could find out where the short was.
That should have been easy, but there are a couple of sockets at the back of ‘Narnia’ (the recess behind the wardrobe where my little collection lives).
It took me quarter of an hour to dig out a sufficient number of guitars to get to the sockets ... it looked like an explosion at Andertons by the time I’d finished.
I came down from 90-something guitars to 50-something a while back and, although there are a few that I miss (as a collector, not as a player) the recent shenanigans made me wonder whether I should let a few dozen more go.
I play my Lesters a lot. When I reach for a Strat, it is invariably the CS Deluxe, likewise the Tele. The Masterbuilt Charvel gets attention (that NECK!). And the Jaden Escher.
The others might be missed as part of the collector-thing, but not as players, and I’ve learned that hoarding guitars is cool, but is a pain in the ass.
I have racking for about 30.
This isn’t a sales pitch ... far from it, as me and eBay get on quite well.
That is all, and good evening.
Doc out.
There’s a few on there I’m very surprised made the list, also very surprised at how reasonable the prices are.

Bloke points awarded.

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member
There’s a few on there I’m very surprised made the list, also very surprised at how reasonable the prices are.

Bloke points awarded.
Why thank you. I’ve enjoyed owning all of them, and am not doing this for profit. Covering my initial outlay is enough. They’re great Guitars, and will make their new owners very happy.

Out of interest, which ones surprised you?

Alan O'hagan

Why thank you. I’ve enjoyed owning all of them, and am not doing this for profit. Covering my initial outlay is enough. They’re great Guitars, and will make their new owners very happy.

Out of interest, which ones surprised you?
Brownie - that’s an insane price and I thought she was your first!
Genesis - also price and history wise, it’s the actual prototype
Marvin - I wouldn’t let that one go tbh

doctorpaul

Staff member
Brownie - that’s an insane price and I thought she was your first!
Genesis - also price and history wise, it’s the actual prototype
Marvin - I wouldn’t let that one go tbh
Brownie will sell easily at that price. I don’t want to fuck around for months trying to squeeze out a final few quid. And remember, those are the prices for my Forum buddies only :)
Genesis IS history, as well as being an astonishing player, but I’m keeping Escher and Slytherin, so it needs to go.
Marvin ... TBH it has vintage magic, AND 355 coolness, but my decision was that all my Gibsons except the Lesters are going (and except my old acoustic).

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
You're killin me, Doc...
Lookin REAL closely at Norah, Angus, Genesis, and Merlot. (in order of interest)
(also, @DrHankWanfordSnr called Virgil first, so if he's interested, I won't try to snag it :p. Great price, though)

*edit*
Might be down to Angus, Genesis, Norah, in that order... Jaden's quality and general awesomeness is talking me out of the Gibsons, despite Norah being wonderfully nuts and very "me".
And the price on Angus, along with the good things I've heard about Jaydee (and the trem...)... that's hard to ignore.

Is it okay if I hate you for making progress on controlling your collection like this?
Just a little bit?

Last edited:

doctorpaul

Staff member
You're killin me, Doc...
Lookin REAL closely at Norah, Angus, Genesis, and Merlot. (in order of interest)
(also, @DrHankWanfordSnr called Virgil first, so if he's interested, I won't try to snag it :p. Great price, though)

*edit*
Might be down to Angus, Genesis, Norah, in that order... Jaden's quality and general awesomeness is talking me out of the Gibsons, despite Norah being wonderfully nuts and very "me".
And the price on Angus, along with the good things I've heard about Jaydee (and the trem...)... that's hard to ignore.

Is it okay if I hate you for making progress on controlling your collection like this?
Just a little bit?
Hate me mate ... bring it :)
But you should also love me for those RCF-only fucking prices ...

The Jaydee is a GREAT guitar, no doubt about it. For that price, it is a bit of a piss-take really. For full disclosure, the trem bar doesn’t come out. I’m sure I could GET it out, but it’s meant to be in there, and I have too many guitars to be concerned about it. Worst comes to the worst, just unbolt the collar and fit a new Schaller collar and arm. £15 job done in 10 minutes. I could do it before shipping for a token price adjustment.

Don’t forget too that Norah IS a Custom Shop guitar ... build quality is way up there. The collector in me is screaming inside, but this is happening for the greater good.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Alright @doctorpaul ... I've got my serious pants on (they're stretchy, and stained with bleach, from mopping up the blood of my enemies.*), and I think I'm going to throw money at you over... possibly 2 guitars, because I'm ambitious, and slightly ill, so it seems like a good idea, at the moment.
Will PM for information and shipping details.
God help me.

*Probably.

doctorpaul

Staff member
Alright @doctorpaul ... I've got my serious pants on (they're stretchy, and stained with bleach, from mopping up the blood of my enemies.*), and I think I'm going to throw money at you over... possibly 2 guitars, because I'm ambitious, and slightly ill, so it seems like a good idea, at the moment.
Will PM for information and shipping details.
God help me.

*Probably.
This should be interesting :)