Forum Special - Free Zoom Lesson

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
Hey

I've had a blissful break from teaching and am feeling revitalised, to start up again, but in a different way. Rather than doing regular lessons, I'm thinking of doing a "sort your shit out" type lesson (I hope that saying translates ok to non UK members haha!), I charge a bit more, but the lesson (lasts about an hour) is a one off, just to give people some direction / fix any problems / answers longstanding questions. I also want to utilise Zoom, as it means I get a wider audience, and it seems to have some cool features like the whiteboard.

But, I need to test myself, whether I can deliver in this format, as its a very different vibe to having someone in the same room, and whether I can handle the technology, which is where I'm likely to slip up! I could just try it out on an old student, but they won't need the same type of lesson as we'd have already covered this type of thing. So I need a fresh new guinea pig to teach...

Can cover anything except classical, country & jazz. Maybe there's an area of playing or technique you've always struggled with. Maybe there's a need to set up a disciplined practice structure. Maybe never "got" a theoretical concept ie modes, CAGED, time signatures. Maybe you'd just like to be able to play faster!

If interested, please drop me a private message, and we can set something up :)

Neilybob100

Me me me!

I'm self-taught so I've probably never played proper like!

Really want to be able to jam along to a backing track over a chord progression. I know very little theory. Help!

I play Am pentatonics and extended it a bit but it just sounds like I'm playing scales rather than jamming/solo. Help!!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
So... I had my 'Sort my shit out' lesson with @AdiHughes and it was great. Like all good teachers he has both deep knowledge and patience. He listened, watched and came back with some great advice and some ideas for what to do to move forward. I will certainly be trying to take this advise o board. If anyone is feel stuck in a rut, unsure where to go next or just wants to know how they are doing I would recommend signing up for a zoom lesson with Adi.

p.s. Zoom worked well even on my iPhone screen. Would be better on a laptop or tablet though.

p.p.s. and it beats having lug your guitar about and plug into your teacher's 'other' amp. :)

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
So... I had my 'Sort my shit out' lesson with @AdiHughes and it was great. Like all good teachers he has both deep knowledge and patience. He listened, watched and came back with some great advice and some ideas for what to do to move forward. I will certainly be trying to take this advise o board. If anyone is feel stuck in a rut, unsure where to go next or just wants to know how they are doing I would recommend signing up for a zoom lesson with Adi.

p.s. Zoom worked well even on my iPhone screen. Would be better on a laptop or tablet though.

p.p.s. and it beats having lug your guitar about and plug into your teacher's 'other' amp. :)
Thank you for the feedback - most kind. And yes, I have one of those "other" amps haha!