Forum Jam Winter 2019-20

I haven't done anything with the ones I've received for the latest jam yet, which is entirely my fault, but I will try to have a look tomorrow! I think I've received about three by now, but it would be great indeed if a few more people have time to look at it now.

I apologise for my tardiness; things have been quite busy at my end recently! Among other things, today I started making a partition wall to split the cellar up so that I can set up my guitar workshop in the larger half... :)

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I haven't done anything with the ones I've received for the latest jam yet, which is entirely my fault, but I will try to have a look tomorrow! I think I've received about three by now, but it would be great indeed if a few more people have time to look at it now.

I apologise for my tardiness; things have been quite busy at my end recently! Among other things, today I started making a partition wall to split the cellar up so that I can set up my guitar workshop in the larger half... :)
Hopefully I'll be off work tomorrow or by the end of the week at the latest, after that I'll get one done.

mirage2101

Did you guys get anywhere with this? I would love to know what you did with that backing 'cos I couldn't find a way into it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws6rggorgh8i6w5/winter jam 2.mp3?dl=0

It took me a while to get into it. This was by far my best take but I had to cheat with autotune on one dud note. bonus points if you find it.
Funny how the backing track sounds flat compared to guitar and now I hear it again the driven part needs a bit more. But this is what I had and it'll come acros.

Edit: some details on the gear used.
amp: Mark V, clean = channel 1 fat, drive is channel 3 mk2c+
Guitar was the stoney creek iirc

The amp has a line out just before the power amp but no cab sim. So that signal goes into a focusrite to ableton where a speaker sim is running. I seem to have frozen the track but I think I used a celestion IR without a cab.
From there I used automation to get the volume equal over the entire piece and edit out a pop from switching amp channels. I fixed one bum note with the gnap autotune plugin.

And it was try a LOT.. I liked the track when I first heard it thinking there was a lot of room in it but when I started playing I had a hard time working with it.

Last edited:

mirage2101

Lovely guys!
The fun of these is to see what other people make of it and how it all comes together. @johnniegoat had mushrooms in his and @beans & rice.. I'm not sure how to describe what you did. There is blues there but it's hidden under something 80s :)

Honestly I can see this as a new format for the jams. Everybody uploads their own track and worries about their own sync. It takes away the workload from one person and for me it was a nice way to be forced to muck around with the track a bit.

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
thanks chaps - i threw the kitchen sink at mine, including my now departed Yamaha DX keyboard

very impressed with your versions. good work both!!

even though we have come from different places, there is a commonality - melodic to start, but there is that turnaround that we all decided to crash in with double stops and really attack the notes. i think its the outros where we diverge a little, but they are all good for that

on TDPRI, there is a guy who loads a WAV file weekly; people download and noodle, then reupload. don't see why we could not do similar on occasion - takes a lot of pressure off Gloopy and others to pull everything together

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
Totally thought I had lost this while cleaning up my desktop a few weeks ago, but luckily iMovie had it hanging around because it autosaves and I never clear it out. I also have some wicked footage of Fernando Alonso driving the Toyota LMP1 car around Silverstone a few years ago that I thought were lost to time... I should really find a better place to store a lot of memories. ANYHOW, I am very interested in doing another one because... well I've got nothing better happening.

mirage2101

Totally thought I had lost this while cleaning up my desktop a few weeks ago, but luckily iMovie had it hanging around because it autosaves and I never clear it out. I also have some wicked footage of Fernando Alonso driving the Toyota LMP1 car around Silverstone a few years ago that I thought were lost to time... I should really find a better place to store a lot of memories. ANYHOW, I am very interested in doing another one because... well I've got nothing better happening.

HA Fantastic!! I might steal that of you for the next one