Forum Jam Winter 2019-20

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
So, after much playing, noodling, screaming, and getting moderately frustrated, I have decided that this is my least favorite backing track out of every track, since I've been on the forums.
I can find no groove, no path, no inspiration, and it's so busy that I feel like I have no place in it and it doesn't need another guitar sound in the mix.
I hate it... with a passion.

Since I find myself lacking the skill and continued interest to make anything resembling a competent solo, for this... I'm officially giving up.
To anyone who is still contributing, I wish you the direction, inspiration, and success that I could not find.

I am going to sulk, grumpily, and wait to see what others found that I missed.

ten-foot-tryptych

half rock, half gas
So, after much playing, noodling, screaming, and getting moderately frustrated, I have decided that this is my least favorite backing track out of every track, since I've been on the forums.
I can find no groove, no path, no inspiration, and it's so busy that I feel like I have no place in it and it doesn't need another guitar sound in the mix.
I hate it... with a passion.

Since I find myself lacking the skill and continued interest to make anything resembling a competent solo, for this... I'm officially giving up.
To anyone who is still contributing, I wish you the direction, inspiration, and success that I could not find.

I am going to sulk, grumpily, and wait to see what others found that I missed.

That's exactly my take on it.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
I had it turned down quite a bit in my headphones and in the final mix and just steamrolled over it.
The closest I got to sounding "okay", was when I had my gain cranked on my little tube amp, AND my fuzz pedal engaged with my hottest-sounding pickups in my ESP... and yeah, pretty much screaming over the top of everything else, so you couldn't necessarily tell if I was unintentionally playing the same couple of notes as a guitar on the track, on occasion.
My little tube amp wasn't quite made for that, but it was the best I did, without pulling out the Katana (which is currently unplugged, ready for travel, because every single time I hook it up, pedals and all... my friend gets the opportunity to play a bit, and I end up having to unplug everything and take it somewhere).
I may hook up the Katana tomorrow and give it one last shot (maybe a half hour, unless I get somewhere by then), but boy... I am NOT looking forward to that.

*edit*
Alright, no, I'm done.
Officially deleted track from my computer so I won't anger myself by trying again.
Worst track of 2020.

Last edited:
Sorry that people are struggling with the track....I must confess that I too have not yet found a good groove for it, although I haven't spent a lot of time on it. Although this weekend was supposed to be the deadline, my failure and the fact that I've only had a couple of entries so far means that I'm going to postpone the deadline. I'm leaving to go skiing on Friday which will take me out for two weekends, so I think the new deadline will be somewhere around the middle of February...I'm still hoping to come up with a track myself!

If anyone wants to search for a new track for a spring jam in the meantime, go ahead - we can always set a new one rolling before this one ends.

@GloopyJon where do you want the file uploaded to?
I'll send you a PM with my Dropbox details. Alternatively, you can upload it to yours, if you have one, and send me a link.

I’ll send you a link. But if I’m the only one with anything maybe we just need to pick a new track.
You're number 3, I think, and if I manage to scrape something together that will be 4 which is about the minimum that I think would be worth making the video for.

I'm very open to suggestions for a new track too, either as a replacement or as a new jam.