Footswitch extensions

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
So.
Yes, pedals in rack drawers are harder to use when something needs a momentary tap to work it. The Freqout can be left on.... but its cooler to have it in momentary mode where you press.... and it works. Same with the Trio.
The options are to cable them and their signal/power down to the pedal board....OR get the soldering iron out.

As they both have a momentary switches rather than traditional pedal switches you can solder a small mono socket to them.... and cable that down to the pedalboard with some thin audio cables
2020-08-21 14.25.00.jpg

2020-08-21 15.30.16.jpg

Last edited:

DrHankWanfordSnr

Before drilling /soldering I did check that the switches were connecting to ground - the same ground as the casing - otherwise this may not have worked - I kept the path from the microswitch to the footswitch-pedal as isolated/insulated as poss - but it'd be useless if the footswitch casing touching another pedal did something weird.

The cables and sockets cost about the same as a cheap guitar lead, and the wiring can be removed if necessary with no effect on the pedal. The only issue I had was drilling the Freqout enclosure, the steel was as hard as my cheaper drill bits - it was a race to see which would wear out first.

I'd thoroughly recommend not taking your Freqout apart - its super fiddly to put back together.

DrHankWanfordSnr

This could be interesting with a Digitech Ricochet as well....
Interestingly - the circuit board in the Freqout has Ricochet stencilled on it - I think its the same device with different software. Tacking 2 small wires to the contacts of the microswitch is super easy...... putting the thing back together....not so much.

also - it works a treat. I'm going to label the pedal 'Reviewer 2' (an in joke for academics) as its always ready with some feedback.

Last edited:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Interestingly - the circuit board in the Richochet on it - I think its the same device with different software. tacking 2 small wires to the contacts of the microswitch is super easy...... putting the thing back together....not so much.

also - it works a treat. I'm going to label the pedal 'Reviewer 2' (an in joke for academics) as its always ready with some feedback.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here, but I can guess....:p

DrHankWanfordSnr

Postie delivers. A small metal box. My parts drawer has wire, sockets, and switches.
2020-08-26 13.09.49.jpg
The hard part is deciding on a stripe or a swirl paint scheme.....