First Song

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
Hand of Blood - Bullet for my Valentine

Not 100% sure but I think I'd been playing seriously for about 10 months.
Holy crap I remember trying to learn that. Aha, good times.

Ummm... all the way through? I dunno, I only learnt bits for a long time. Something with my guitar teacher. Minus solo, Sultans of Swing, or maybe Alive by Pearl Jam. Playing a few years, wasn't very disciplined.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
I was round at a friends house and had mentioned that I was starting to play the guitar. At that stage all I had learned was how to play a few chords. Anyway, she got her acoustic guitar out, showed my the chords for that song and walked me through the timings of the chord changes.
I think there are around 6 chords(?) in that song but tbh I'm not a Clapton fan so I haven't played it for years so I can't even remember how it goes!:oops:
:)

Last edited:

Les Moxon Photography

Fender through and Through
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
I was round at a friends house and had mentioned that I was starting to play the guitar. At that stage all I had learned was hoe to play a few chords. Anyway, she got her acoustic guitar out, showed my the chords for that song and walked me through the timings of the chord changes.
I think there are around 6 chords(?) in that song but tbh I'm not a Clapton fan so I haven't played it for years so I can't even remember how it goes!:oops:
:)
That would G C and D major :)

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
I was taught through patience, boredom, and Rocksmith, so after something like 2 months (when I finally got Rocksmith), it took me another month to learn to play Next Girl by The Black Keys (yes, mock me. The lead in that song is stupid-simple), and then when I was stuck house-sitting for some friends for a week, I learned to play it all the way through, and was proud of myself, cause I had also learned Supermassive Black Hole ALMOST all the way through at the same time.
So ~3 months, and it was technically Next Girl first, then Supermassive Black Hole, and then took a break and forgot everything and learned it all again~!
As you do.

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member
I'm with the other Doc ... surely it has to be open chord stuff for us all?
Probably 'Little Donkey' for the Christmas concert at school when I was 7.
Knopfler came a few years later ... learning Money for Nothing was memorable.

Wuzza

long time lurker
Cant remember, but was somewhere around 3 years or so, when I finally joined a band. Before that I'd just learn bits and riffs.