Final fantasy nostalgia!

mirage2101

With the upcoming remaster of final fantasy 7 I decided to give 9 a shot.
I never played it when it originally came out. I didn't care much for the tone of the setting. Or at least, I thought I played a small part but I don't recognize anything.
As for the game, the battle system feels a bit clunky compared to newer ones, there's a strange delay after giving a command.
The first battles were quite hard because you don't get healing magic. You really need to get some healing items for the first "boss".
Once you get to the open world map xp starts flowing in and you'll get stronger pretty quickly.

I'm now at the ice caves pretty much burning up everything in my way :)

It took me a while to get into it but I'm actually enjoying myself now.

Anybody else gearing up for ff7?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I played FF7 on PS1 when it came out. It was totally alien to me at the time, I had never played anything like it. I might check out the new one.

Garythesnail

I have only vague memories of FF7 when my son was about 10 years old. The go-to game at the time was Metal Gear Solid.

MGS frequently turned in to Saturday night entertainment for the whole family. Sonofsnail would be at the controller busily shooting everything in sight which promptly drew out dozens of 'bad guys'. All to the sound of laughter from the rest of the us seeing that he couldn't quite understanding the need to be sneaky as he gets shot to bits . . .. again.

Happy memories.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I have only vague memories of FF7 when my son was about 10 years old. The go-to game at the time was Metal Gear Solid.

MGS frequently turned in to Saturday night entertainment for the whole family. Sonofsnail would be at the controller busily shooting everything in sight which promptly drew out dozens of 'bad guys'. All to the sound of laughter from the rest of the us seeing that he couldn't quite understanding the need to be sneaky as he gets shot to bits . . .. again.

Happy memories.
I have fond memories of MGS. A friend was playing and a whole bunch of us were watching as if it was a very intense movie. So good. I also have fond memories of me playing racing games and my dad watching, telling me to make my opponents spin and crash. He liked my dirty racing style. :p

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

Happy memories.
I played the first Metal Gear Solid game a lot when it came out. There was a demo of the first part where you were outside in the snow and made it inside the building through vents that came on disc with another game which I actually bought just for the demo! I played that over and over until the came finally came out.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I currently play FF14 (the MMO) , but have tried some of the others on PS4. I am not a fan of JRPG's as they a turned based, but I am liking how FF7 will be more fluid and action based like an MMO

mirage2101

I currently play FF14 (the MMO) , but have tried some of the others on PS4. I am not a fan of JRPG's as they a turned based, but I am liking how FF7 will be more fluid and action based like an MMO
Is that worth getting into?

After city of heroes, WoW and later destiny I haven't really played mmo likes.. I tend to play alone because I can't make commitment for a team anymore. And WoW was like another job at some point.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I was blown away with FF14 story and just how stunning the game looks. Some say the earlier levels drag on, but I have enjoyed so much about the game.