Final Fantasy 14

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Felix, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

I only started playing this earlier this week, but I have already committed to buying the two expansion packs. Been really impressed with the game thus far and the idea of 1 char being able to do all the classes appeals to me. I played WoW for years and just got fed up with the sloppy work they kept releasing.

Baggy and Brandon Adams like this.
  2. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

Like you I went from wow to ff14 around mid mist of pandaria, I have the first expansion but I just never have time to play anything anymore. They did a good job with the game I think especially after the first release failed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Felix likes this.
  3. MABLUNG

MABLUNG Ain't nobody like me but me.

Kinda missed the meaning of the word 'Final' didn't they??

Felix and Robstafarian like this.
  4. Joeli0sis

Joeli0sis Active Member

I played FFXIV at launch and re-launch. I loved it! The only slight gripe I had was the 100 quest long chain to get from vanilla to heavensward. Sheesh. Everyone I knew who played it left and are now playing Elder Scrolls Online which is another game that was terrible at launch but has come a long way. It's 98% solo friendly but it's a LOT of fun!

Felix likes this.
  5. A-D-L

A-D-L Northern Monkey

Not tried it. The only MMO i'm on is GW2. Though I won't lie, FFXIV and ESO both look pretty good. Maybe FF is more my jam since I do love the series.

Felix likes this.
  6. Joeli0sis

Joeli0sis Active Member

Just so much running back and forth all over creation in FFXIV. Nowadays the dungeon finder is full of super overpowered guys that power through the instances super fast. But having every class on one character was super cool idea

Felix likes this.
  7. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

I've gotten to level 33 after just a single weeks worth of playing. Everyone I've interacted with have been very friendly. It's weird using the dualshock 4 controller from my PS4 to play an MMORPG. One my back improves from the Osteotherapy enough for me to sit as my desk, I will use my Logitech gaming mouse and keyboard, that were originally designed for WoW players.

I'm playing on the EU Lich server and the game has just been engrossing me with it's main quest storyline. Unlike WoW, the standard map system and UI, are as good as any of the downloadable ones I had to use with WoW. It's made leveling and exploring much easier.

I really like the fact that PC/MacOS and PS3/4 players are all able to play together on the same servers. The one fault with the game is that unlike WoW, as you go to a different zone, it has to load for the next area. So it's lacking that wonderful seamlessness that WoW has.

SqureEnix are also shithot on people who do real world money trades and I have not come across any macro/bot gold farmers that curse WoW. Also the way the game is run seems much better, but Blizzard's customer support is by far the best I've ever had.

Like @Joeli0sis has said, the whole being able to level every class/type of character on one single char is pretty brilliant. From what I have read, it seems you can mix elements from the classes you make a hybrid. I have been leveling Lancer/Dragoon, but eventually I will like to try and get Samurai, which is one of the two new classes to be introduced with the Stormblood expansion pack which officially went live today.

The games are not sequels like you get with some games. Each installment is a new set of characters and locations. They are all part of the same "world" and timeline from what I understand from reading various forum posts and web reviews.

Robstafarian likes this.
  8. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufustarian” Staff Member

I look forward to gaming with you, though it would have to involve different games.

:hug:

Felix likes this.
  9. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

You know it Roberto!

Robstafarian likes this.