DIY Combo

blackrob

Single Ended 5W Class A goodness.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://blackrob.pbwiki.com/">http://blackrob.pbwiki.com/</a><!-- m -->

Thought some of you dudes might be interested in what can be done with some spare time, a soldering iron and some woodworking tools :)

chrisjeffs

I collect stamps and have erectile dysfunction
that's awesome man.

I'm going to build my own valve head sometime soon, I'll post pics here when I start.

was your's a kit or did you design it from scratch?

blackrob

was your's a kit or did you design it from scratch?
The amp bit was a kit from ampmaker.com You get all the bits needed including wires, screw, valves and a aluminium tray to build it all in (turret board style).

The combo was my design (using google sketch-up).

chrisjeffs

thanks for the info man.

It looks like a great kit! I was originally looking at something similar by AX84, but this kit looks better...

I didn't know he'd started selling amp kits agian! right when i wanted to buy one about a year or so ago he stopped doing the kits due to ill health.

Glad he's back in action :)

He's the only guy out there that i know, that does a good cheap kit.

blackrob

Adam.M said:
Glad he's back in action :)
He's the only guy out there that i know, that does a good cheap kit.
I put myself on his pre-christmas waiting list :) It's just so nice to have all the bits sourced from one place along with a pre-cut chassis and a faceplate.

My next project will be a standalone valve spring reverb :)

chrisjeffs

See the problem for me is that I live in Aus... the power rating from the wall down here is 240v. Would I need to buy another power transformer or something to be compatible with the power here?

Do you think I'd be able to order a kit without said transformer?

Cheers