Desktop amp

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I'm considering having a guitar at work for those quiet moments. What's out there to stick on my desktop that I can plug a guitar and headphones into? A line/mp3 in would be cool too.

I don't want to put any software on the work computer though.

Thanks.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Really like my Yamaha THR10C. I also use it for my PC speakers.
Nice. Might be a bit expensive to leave at work though, the door to my room locks but the window does not so I'm going cheap to be on the safe side!

@Wade Garrett
I went with one of these - the cab sim option being a key factor in the choice...
View attachment 35877
Here’s my NPD thread if you want to read my thoughts on it...
http://www.robchapman.tv/forum/threads/npd-when-small-is-gooooooood.38754/
And here’s my speedy YT demo (oh, how I long for flip flop friendly weather:rolleyes:)
Pop it in my gig bag to take into work for a sly noodle at lunchtime
And it does its job beautifully...
:)
It's sweet, that would be great to take to jam nights! I had a look on the Ammoon site and found the PockRock, that might well fit the bill and for around £23 i won't complain! That's a crazy price! There's drum patterns on it too.

bad alice

Nice. Might be a bit expensive to leave at work though, the door to my room locks but the window does not so I'm going cheap to be on the safe side!

It's sweet, that would be great to take to jam nights! I had a look on the Ammoon site and found the PockRock, that might well fit the bill and for around £23 i won't complain! That's a crazy price! There's drum patterns on it too.

Now THAT looks badass!

mirage2101

As you might have read i tried the vox adio last year and didn’t like it.
I’m going ahead and assume the Yamaha thr is in the same ballpark. Those small speakers just sound boxy. With magic the katana head sounds a lot better but might not be something you want to leave at work.

I believe Mooer is coming out with a multi fx and amp sim pedal this namm.
Price is unknown but that could be a great headphone solution. If you don’t want headphones I’m a big fan of the katana stuff. Very affordable and sounds fine.

Oh! Blackstar has a new ht1r combo thats Pretty small. Sounds really good too. I might get the ht5 for its fx loop and it has a low power mode.
But at the office the 1 watt might be great.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
As you might have read i tried the vox adio last year and didn’t like it.
I’m going ahead and assume the Yamaha thr is in the same ballpark. Those small speakers just sound boxy. With magic the katana head sounds a lot better but might not be something you want to leave at work.

I believe Mooer is coming out with a multi fx and amp sim pedal this namm.
Price is unknown but that could be a great headphone solution. If you don’t want headphones I’m a big fan of the katana stuff. Very affordable and sounds fine.

Oh! Blackstar has a new ht1r combo thats Pretty small. Sounds really good too. I might get the ht5 for its fx loop and it has a low power mode.
But at the office the 1 watt might be great.
I should have mentioned that I would have to use headphones.

A Blackstar HT1R head would be perfect for this, the combo if you think you'll ever play without headphones. Can't say enough good thing about the sound from that amp at low volumes.

mirage2101

Oh and another one just clicked. You could use something like the irig2.
Affordable, fits in your guitar back or back pocket. And they've got a whole range to cater to your specific needs.
I've got an old one that doesn't fit on my phone anymore but I used it a lot with garageband on my ipad. I should dig up that thing.

bad alice

Kemper.

Definitely not a Helix as it's not desktop.

End of thread.
:eek::eek:
*shakes head and rolls up metaphorical sleeves*
6F533195-0AE9-4301-8799-3A7E04BFC90F.gif
Two words:
Helix
RACK*.
Pop it on a shelf and you’re good to go @Wade Garrett
And yes.
Yes, you can have TWO.
*whispers behind hand*
@Chu’s buying...
*runrunsRUNNNNNNNNS FOR THE HILLS*
:bounce:

*caveat: unless the Kemper DOES actually make toast?
#nobrainer