• You need to have made 10 posts to be able to post a new thread in this forum.

For Sale De Haan Custom Purple Strat

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
EDIT: Dr No Delay & Tuner sold.

I'm selling my purple strat, basically because I ordered something new and I thought this is the easiest to replace. Yes, I've said how much I love this guitar very often, but again, I can easily have the guy make me another one. The guitar is made by Frank de Haan of Stoney Creek Guitars. Forum member mirage2101 recently posted a thread on a custom guitar from him. It's an alder body, 22 fret maple neck and fretboard, Bare Knuckle Holy Diver pickup (also available separately, in which case the guitar will house an EMG 81), Gotoh bridge and locking tuners, graphtech nut. The color is matte purple with some wear, because I played it. It's listed on Reverb for €899. I accept offers.

Shipping to the UK is possible. I'll have to check for the cheapest option.

Have some pics:

Attachments

Last edited:

mirage2101

That's a good price for such a guitar. I would like a tele but I've used my guitar allotment for a while. And to be perfectly honest, I'd like the colour to be not purple. It's heresy I know..

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
That's a good price for such a guitar. I would like a tele but I've used my guitar allotment for a while. And to be perfectly honest, I'd like the colour to be not purple. It's heresy I know..
I really do think it's a great price. I am trying to figure out if there's some other gear I can sell to justify keeping this after getting my new guitar.

Have you seen the Tele Frank built me by the way? That was the first guitar I had him built in 2015. I think this one is even more spec'ed out, since I really went into detail. With the strat, I gave him more liberties. Oh..the Tele is NOT FOR SALE!

Attachments

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
@everfreetree , This might be a good one for you my purple loving friend?
Aye, a fine booty of purple beauty she be... but I don't have the funds, and, perhaps more shockingly, my Purple Strat slot is filled by [my latest acquisition from our dear Scott/Lonestar], and my Single-humbucker Strat slot is still filled by my budget-friendly, absolutely unsaleable, keeper guitar, the Sorrycaster...

So this beauty is out of my grasp, by a few miles, though very much worth looking at...
I appreciate the tag and the thought, nonetheless.

Good luck on the sale, Tankman!

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Aye, a fine booty of purple beauty she be... but I don't have the funds, and, perhaps more shockingly, my Purple Strat slot is filled by [my latest acquisition from our dear Scott/Lonestar], and my Single-humbucker Strat slot is still filled by my budget-friendly, absolutely unsaleable, keeper guitar, the Sorrycaster...

So this beauty is out of my grasp, by a few miles, though very much worth looking at...
I appreciate the tag and the thought, nonetheless.

Good luck on the sale, Tankman!
Ahhh I forgot about the Strat Scott put together for you. My god it till blows we away each time I see it.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Update. I tried to change the pickup and found out the EMG solderless cables don't fot through the holes. I need to make them bigger.

For now, the bare knuckle is for sale separately. I am willing to sell the guitar without the pickup installed as well.