Here we go!
Here we go!
- Where are you located? The Netherlands
- What is your budget? About €1000, which in amp world comes down to $1000.
- What guitars do you play, and what pickups are in them? Custom made mahogany Tele and Alder Strat, both with a TV Jones Classic Plus in the bridge. The tele has a TV Jones Starwood tele neck pickup. The strat only has the one pickup. I am considering getting the new Bareknuckle True Grit for the strat.
- What effects do you use? Dunlop mini Crybaby, Phase 90, Emma Transmorgrifier Compressor, Mesa Flux Drive, Wampler Catapulp, Dr. No Mother Brain analog delay. The Mesa Flux might get bumped for a DS-1 or an Ibanez OD850.
- Does it have to be a combo? Yes.
- Does it have to be new? No.
- What are your size and weight limitations? As long as I can lift it with 1 arm, I'm good. So Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is good. Fender Hot Rod Deville and Twin is too heavy.
- Do you need to be especially quiet at home? No.
- Do you need to be especially loud at gigs? I need the clean headroom at least, but it doesn't have to be extremely loud.
- What is your taste for low end, mids, et cetera? Not sure how to answer this. I like crisp, clear clean tones that still have the roundness and warmth to it. I don't like the hifi type cleans of my current Tubemeister. I also don't like Marshall type cleans.
- What do you want to sound like (YouTube and/or Soundcloud links are most welcome)? I want to sound like me...is that ok?