Chorus Pedal Suggestions

Stigs

So I currently have a boss chorus, but I really dig the sound that Myles Kennedy has from his Line6 MM4. Is there a smaller alternative to the MM4 to get that tri-chorus effect? I have a sound sample from an Alter Bridge Rig Rundown (timestamp: 26:23):

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
Neunaber tri chorus is pretty good but expensive.

Does the TC electronics chorus have a tri chorus mode on it. Also I'm sure someone will have tone printed a tri chorus mode for it. there like £80

Tankman

Which Boss Chorus do you have? I have owned the Super Chorus and the CE-5 Chorus Ensemble. Hated the first, loved the second.

Also, the MXR Micro Chorus (or the big one) is great. It has a bit of a swooshy sound. I used that on some clean recordings. It's awesome.

@hendrixisgod the TC Corona Chorus does have a Tri-Mode and there are plenty of great toneprints for it as well.

Stigs

Neunaber tri chorus is pretty good but expensive.

Does the TC electronics chorus have a tri chorus mode on it. Also I'm sure someone will have tone printed a tri chorus mode for it. there like £80
Oh true, TC electronic might be a good option with tone prints

Stigs

Which Boss Chorus do you have? I have owned the Super Chorus and the CE-5 Chorus Ensemble. Hated the first, loved the second.

Also, the MXR Micro Chorus (or the big one) is great. It has a bit of a swooshy sound. I used that on some clean recordings. It's awesome.

@hendrixisgod the TC Corona Chorus does have a Tri-Mode and there are plenty of great toneprints for it as well.
I own the super chorus. I liked it at the time of purchase, but it just kinda seems bland now. After hearing the chorus sound on "Ghosts of Days Gone By" (Myles plays an excerpt from that song in the video above), I wanted that chorus sound. I like the Line 6 MM4 as a pedal, but I have a super tiny pedal board (RockBoard Duo 2.1), so I don't exactly have the space for it (might new to upgrade my board in the future), so I was looking for a smaller alternative.

The Micro Chorus could be good, but I'll definitely check out the TC Corona Chorus!

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
This is exactly what I use my MM4 for!

The thing to note is that the MM4 uses its Tweak and Tweez knobs to give the Tri-Chorus three separate depth controls and has a mix(blend) control. I don't know how essential that is to the MK tone, and It's a bit late for me to mess about with it now, but it's worth knowing I guess. I'll do some playing around tomorrow and report my findings.

Stigs

This is exactly what I use my MM4 for!

The thing to note is that the MM4 uses its Tweak and Tweez knobs to give the Tri-Chorus three separate depth controls and has a mix(blend) control. I don't know how essential that is to the MK tone, and It's a bit late for me to mess about with it now, but it's worth knowing I guess. I'll do some playing around tomorrow and report my findings.
Ok. Cool Cool. I'm in no rush to get a pedal, as I don't have my board or amp with my at my university. Though when I go home in a few weeks for spring break would be when I'd go to a store and try the suggestions from this thread. But yeah, definitely report back your findings when you have a free chance (if not, no big deal at all). I'm curious to see what you find.