cheap old games FTW

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
Had it been a PC copy of Borderlands, I would have tried playing with you.

I had forgotten that Gran Turismo 6 was ever released; my last game in that series was Gran Turismo 4.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Oh hell yes, you da man! Since it looks like you like driving games you'll be the guy to ask. Do you remember a game called Rage Racer for the PS1? I think it was an offshoot of Ridge Racer. You worked your way up to obtain the Devil car (I think that's what it was called) that was just insane. I can't recall meeting any one that remembers the game!

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
NB - when we moved house - I seriously looked at those(and alot of video game stuff) and thought 'I may never use them again, I should bin them...." But didn't.

Oh hell yes, you da man! Since it looks like you like driving games you'll be the guy to ask. Do you remember a game called Rage Racer for the PS1? I think it was an offshoot of Ridge Racer. You worked your way up to obtain the Devil car (I think that's what it was called) that was just insane. I can't recall meeting any one that remembers the game!
Yes.

Its fair to say that - if Blockbuster rented it - I would have a 'backup' -in case anything bad happened to Blockbuster.........

I seriously can't find either of my PS1s (chipped and unchipped). Maybe they're in the attic ?

Time to dig out a usb-cdrom drive and the emulators ! And get the wheel out.

DrHankWanfordSnr

Had it been a PC copy of Borderlands, I would have tried playing with you.

I had forgotten that Gran Turismo 6 was ever released; my last game in that series was Gran Turismo 4.
For completeness, I needed to get GT-6 before GT sport.......

Borderlands was fairly popular, but I fell out of buying/renting games when I moved to a town 10 miles from the nearest game/rental shop.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
NB - when we moved house - I seriously looked at those(and alot of video game stuff) and thought 'I may never use them again, I should bin them...." But didn't.

Yes.

Its fair to say that - if Blockbuster rented it - I would have a 'backup' -in case anything bad happened to Blockbuster.........

I seriously can't find either of my PS1s (chipped and unchipped). Maybe they're in the attic ?

Time to dig out a usb-cdrom drive and the emulators ! And get the wheel out.
That video made me smile. There was a point when I suddenly went "I remember this track, there's a tunnel round this corner"....and then there it was! Cool.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Man, I remember purchasing the original Borderlands when it first came out, and now it's an "old game"? jeez.

I'll go back to playing OG Doom on my MS-DOS emulator now...
I used to work for a TV company that had Doom on it's computer network. The boss would keep catching half the staff playing multi player battles during the day! They never deleted it though for some reason.

DrHankWanfordSnr

Gran Turismo 6

WooHoo ! The irritation from earlier GT games where you had to leave a race, leave the competition get to the start screen, go to the correct manufacturer THEN modify you car, and then make your way back to the race is gone !!
You can mod your car with generic upgrades between races Hurrah !

I like this game - its just like the older GT games, but with nice visuals.

(though the generic 'bonk' sound for any and all impacts is still there).