Cheap 8 String/Downtune Amp?

Qume5

So I've been playing for a year now and have an Ibanez SZ320 and a cheap Squier sp10 practice amp. I play Mainly metal, then some jazz and clean stuff. I'm sifting through a list of amps but can't narrow it down. My budget is around £500 as I'm buying an Ibanez RG8/ 7 String https://waveadvice.com/integrated-amps-under-2000/ or an Ibanez RG then putting .10's in my old guitar and tuning it to drop C.

So I'm looking for a good amp that's in my budget that handles downtuning and extended range guitars and I like one that can have a tight scooped mids tone as well as a chunky low end. The best amps out of the ones I've been looking at are Fender Bassbreaker, Boss Katana 100, Blackstar ID:Core Stereo 100, Marshal DSL40C, Peavey Bandit 112, Blackstar HT Metal 5H, THR100, Laney Ironheart IRT-Studio.

I'd like the one that can record to pc (I can get a Scarlett 2i2 if not) and play at bedroom level with possibility to be louder but I'm fine with modeling amps if they are cheap enough as I'll need to buy another for band stuff.

mirage2101

That's quite a range you're interested in..
Just my 2 cts and all that feel free to ignore. Also not that I just play normal guitars and no extended range stuff.

I'd skip the Blackstar id:core and peavey bandit. They're ok amps but they don't compare to the rest of your list.

bassbreaker: the 007 doesn't have an fx loop and the 15 has too much power for a bedroom. So I passed it.
katana 100: Great sounds, build in pedals are good, works at any volume. I've got the head and if I had to play on a budget this would probably be my amp. You can get anything out of this. Recording is a breeze.
dsl40c: I had the dsl15c for a while. It was hard to keep the volume at bedroom level, and again no fx loop. the "clean" channel had a really nice crunch but the gain channel was a nest of angry hornets. The dslXXcr series is supposedly better. But I haven't played it. I'd look at the 5 for bedroom purposes.
blackstar ht5: Go for the newest mk2 range. build in attenuator, usb and emulated out, ISF switch.. This amp is great. But... If you have specific drive pedals you'd like to use test them.
thr100: I was curious about this amp myself but could'nt play it anywhere near. I'd test it before buying.
ironheart: Laney makes good amps. The lionheart was more my speed but by the time I played it I was looking for something to complement the princeton and it wasn't it. Nice tube amps, lovely sound.

General volume comments. I play in my attic and 5 watt of tubes can get too much if you really want to let them work. So pick an amp that has a power switch in it or get an attenuator. I owned a 15 watt princeton and at about 2.5 it was too loud. That's long before any kind of breakup starts.

My shortlist would be katana, ht5, ironheart and just try them in a store.

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
I own an Ironheart Studio and never play it. I own a Katana 50 and it's all I play (wish I'd gotten the 100 and will probably upgrade someday).

Uptown

A confused lysdexic
Peavey 6505 combos are a pretty good shout, easy to come by second hand and can be chopped into a head/used with a cab very easily as they are set up like an integrated head/cab with a jack connection at the back.

50w combo (This is the 1x12 version) is damn loud, especially through a larger Cab, and I can't imagine for the type of music you're going to play on an extended range guitar you're really looking for gut busting volume.

Only real downside is that it's a 50w 1x12 combo that's around the size of most 2x12 cabs stood on end and weighs 30kg, so can be a bit of a heft to get about.

I used one with a Schecter Damien elite 8 for a while and that would throw out a low end smack that would knock your hat off at close range. Mainly played Meshuggah style stuff so really going for that tight punchy sound.

(PS, if you're looking for an 8 string, that one is for sale)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Get the Katana. Best and most versatile amp for not a lot of money. Give you some extra budget for a better 8-string. If it's for bedroom use only, I would even say get the Katana 50. The 100 is overkill. If you're gigging, get the 100.

Peavey 6505 are great for distorted tones, but they suck at cleans. The speaker is that great either. I changed mine to a Vintage 30 when I had one. That improves it a lot.

mirage2101

Get the Katana. Best and most versatile amp for not a lot of money. Give you some extra budget for a better 8-string. If it's for bedroom use only, I would even say get the Katana 50. The 100 is overkill. If you're gigging, get the 100.

Peavey 6505 are great for distorted tones, but they suck at cleans. The speaker is that great either. I changed mine to a Vintage 30 when I had one. That improves it a lot.
power-wise the 100 is overkill, but it scales down to 0,5 watt and has double the presets and supports the larger footswitch. It also has an fx loop. So it's worth considering.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
power-wise the 100 is overkill, but it scales down to 0,5 watt and has double the presets and supports the larger footswitch. It also has an fx loop. So it's worth considering.
Good points, although with all the on board effects, an fx loops might not be a priority. The bigger footswitch could be useful, though.

mirage2101

Good points, although with all the on board effects, an fx loops might not be a priority. The bigger footswitch could be useful, though.
I like it a lot. 8 presets and individual effects switching really makes it a fully functional pedal board.

The loop is mostly useful for a looper. I would'nt buy any other effect for the katana. The build in ones are great.