Chapman ML2 Modern Standard

Discussion in 'Chapman Guitars' started by ZERO1, Aug 29, 2017.

1. ZERO1

ZERO1 Active Member

Hey there fellas. I've always been a fan of chapman guitars and this new line up looks amazing. Now I was wondering anyone who owns this model or has played it if they can give me a review/impressions of it. I have been trying to find some reviews of this model all over the internet. From forums to youtube and nothing. So I figured this is the best place to ask. Thanks guys

2. ScutMonkey

ScutMonkey Well-Known Member

This just came out today:

everfreetree likes this.
  3. everfreetree

everfreetree I... I like trees.

Section 10-iC of 'Muricaland. (Tennessee)
    I enjoyed his roommate's perspective.
    "I like how it's blue." -Simon
    Put that on the Chapman Guitars website testimonials.

In all seriousness, He had some good things to say, didn't shy too much away from the bad, but I heard... the same clean-tone string buzzy-ness my ML-3 Modern had when I first got it, before I got a better setup and thicker strings. I don't think he would be 100% satisfied with his 9s on there... or at least, I wouldn't.
    10-52s still seem to be the way to go on all Modern Chapmans (especially when in Drop D or Eb Drop Db, though you'd need thicker ones for the latter tuning, if you pick hard).

Robstafarian and Andeus like this.
  4. dso

dso Well-Known Member

I agree, I have 10-52s on my past gen ML1 and it's fantastic, maybe a bit tough on E standard for bends and stuff, matter of preference I guess, but I think it's the best if you also play in those tunings you mentioned.

everfreetree likes this.