Boult guitars

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Pre-ordered, but they stated on their page that people can get a refund on their orders in light of the changes they're undergoing.

I emailed them and asked for a refund about a week ago and they agreed and said they'd process it. Nothing since then.
I feel bad for for pointing out the company. Sorry dude.

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
Okay.... so, going by their Facebook ramblings it appears the order arrived with substandard finishing with the manufacturer and Boult blaming each other.

But seriously, what did they expect? It’s a £15-20 trade price (plus vat) instrument :)

Joeli0sis

The chinese factory he used screwed him over a bit. They sent a bunch of guitars without truss rods, faker tuners that were supposed to be real, etc He then cancelled the next order and everything imploded and he has to refund all the money back. Sucks. Aiersi is bad news.

He was in the process of changing factories too. The one I got form the new one was pretty nice. Oh well sucks for everyone. I never got a dud thankfully.

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
Why?
Have they had similar problems?
I hope not for their buyers’ sakes...
:)
They are Chibsons and the guy importing them is bad news. I was able to find out quite a bit about him via google. He had replied to a bunch of my snarky comments regarding why he was being coy about showing the Gibson style headstocks.

Bad news and I’d avoid at all costs. The page was reported to Facebook and they did nothing. So, Gibson got an email from me...

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
They are Chibsons and the guy importing them is bad news. I was able to find out quite a bit about him via google. He had replied to a bunch of my snarky comments regarding why he was being coy about showing the Gibson style headstocks.

Bad news and I’d avoid at all costs. The page was reported to Facebook and they did nothing. So, Gibson got an email from me...
Good to know!
Thanks @Lonestar
:)

Hi all. Signed up just to talk about my experience with Boult so I’ll apologise for posting in a thread that hasn’t been posted in for weeks, but I’m grateful for the chance to get this off my chest.

So it’s been an absolute nightmare! I’d take any excuses you see for Chris Boult (owner of the company) with a large pinch of salt. I was incredibly lucky in that I was able to get my refund (he sent me a link through Facebook to make a PayPal payment to his wife’s account as a personal payment rather than a business transaction so I couldn’t claim on it) after two weeks of badgering him on his personal Facebook messenger.

There are a lot of people still out of pocket and their emails have been going ignored, and now they’re just straight up bouncing back.

I’m personally thinking that Boult Guitars was just a hobby that got too big and he couldn’t keep up so he decided to shut shop and then couldn’t handle the part where people wanted their money back, possibly he’s wanting to take the money and run.

If anything it’s been a learning experience and I won’t be buying from manufacturers like this again. I’ll be sticking to actual music shops and face to face sellers from now on.

Chu

Hi all. Signed up just to talk about my experience with Boult so I’ll apologise for posting in a thread that hasn’t been posted in for weeks, but I’m grateful for the chance to get this off my chest.

So it’s been an absolute nightmare! I’d take any excuses you see for Chris Boult (owner of the company) with a large pinch of salt. I was incredibly lucky in that I was able to get my refund (he sent me a link through Facebook to make a PayPal payment to his wife’s account as a personal payment rather than a business transaction so I couldn’t claim on it) after two weeks of badgering him on his personal Facebook messenger.

There are a lot of people still out of pocket and their emails have been going ignored, and now they’re just straight up bouncing back.

I’m personally thinking that Boult Guitars was just a hobby that got too big and he couldn’t keep up so he decided to shut shop and then couldn’t handle the part where people wanted their money back, possibly he’s wanting to take the money and run.

If anything it’s been a learning experience and I won’t be buying from manufacturers like this again. I’ll be sticking to actual music shops and face to face sellers from now on.
Hello and welcome! Glad you got your money back. I have no idea if Chris was ever deliberately negligent regarding funds but it strikes me as another case of a chancer being allowed to run too far before getting caught.

I've known way too many people over the years with 'great' ideas, telling me how easy things are to achieve, poo-pooing my concerns. It stuns me how others gather round and lap up what I see as bullshit.

This real guitar legends seems to have just popped up the last few days.

My next guitar is going to be something I can put immediate trust in. I’d put money down for a Boult Resistor, so I think I’m gonna go for an Epiphone firebird or something similar

Chu

Plenty of punters lining up for this shit too...

https://m.facebook.com/realguitarlegends/
I remember watching a friend suck in investors for a business idea, which basically involved collecting a particular broken household item to use for a part to make into something else. I questioned how he was going to dispose of the rest of it and whether he could run such a venture from home and was told that it was all very simple and that I was being negative. It turned out of course that he couldn't run a recycling/reclamation company in a housing estate and that he wouldn't be able to take commercial waste to the local tip free.

This real guitar legends seems to have just popped up the last few days.

My next guitar is going to be something I can put immediate trust in. I’d put money down for a Boult Resistor, so I think I’m gonna go for an Epiphone firebird or something similar
The reality is that you get what you pay for and if you're buying something that looks really flash for very little, they've saved elsewhere. Nowt wrong with a decent Epiphone in my opinion and it should hold some of it's value too.