Boult guitars

Joeli0sis

I own 12 of them. Hit me up with questions.

I have no idea he is selling those as cheap as they are. The newer Boults with the angled head stocks are a lot better than his older factory. I like that I can get an affordable guitar with whatever pickups and hardware I want. Only things I've ever done to mine is change to locking tuners

I don't know if they'd hold up on the road since I'm terrible and I play in my office chair but they are great for that :p I am just a shitty guitar player that can't justify spending $1000+ on a guitar he can barely play.

Here are some pics I threw up on imgur

https://imgur.com/a/CSk4rRg

All these were in the $300-$500 range due to pickup and hardware upgrades. I've bought several pair of Bare Knuckle, Lace, Seymour Duncan, Avedissian.

Last edited:

Joeli0sis

I've heard some mixed things. I follow a guy called Thomas V Jager on Instagram, who has a signature model with them, but I've never actually seen him play one... Any I've seen in photos other than the ones they've posted have looked VERY cheap. Probably why they can afford to unload stuff so inexpensively.
Jager takes it as his backup on the road. He played it when they came through Columbus a few months ago. I also ordered Mika's (monolord) bass. I am a big fan of the Avedissian pickups that's going to be in it.

Last edited:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I am not ordering one, but I am very curious about the quality. In my mind, for that price, this can't be good at all. But I don't mind being proven wrong.

Joeli0sis

I have three of their V's. One Monolord and then two of the Kelley Juett from Mothership. They are solid for sub $300 guitars. Play great and after I upgraded the tuners they are solid. The Zombie Dust pickups are nice too.

People just have to temper their expectations these aren't Mayones or Keisels :p

alonious_monk

Permanently Tired
Probably for the best. I think he got sick of running it by himself and he got a lot of people that would order and then cancel when rent was due.
I feel bad doing it, because I'm that kind of guy that easily would. But over time I grew a bit concerned with how it was gonna turn out for that price, so when I saw on the site that we could get refunds on preorders I saw a quick way out of that uncertainty.

Joeli0sis

I feel bad doing it, because I'm that kind of guy that easily would. But over time I grew a bit concerned with how it was gonna turn out for that price, so when I saw on the site that we could get refunds on preorders I saw a quick way out of that uncertainty.
Oh I totally agree! I didn't mean to imply you were doing the same thing by any means. I just meant those people would order a custom guitars and then cancel it after a few weeks leaving him hanging. Now with the sale and what not I totally agree. I have three out still and I am probably going to see what happens before doing anything.

Off topic I did buy a PRS A50E Vintage Sunburst acoustic so I can be excited about that at least. Also might grab Ola's V to go with the other three I have.