Blackberry??

Discussion in 'Geeks Unite' started by edvorak, Jul 9, 2015.

1. edvorak

edvorak Member

My current phone contract is coming to an end and thinking of jumping back to Blackberry as the new Passport device looks pretty damn nifty with a decent battery life.

Anybody out there still using a Blackberry??

Not too bothered about playing games and stuff on my phone any more, it was a nice distraction when I got my Galaxy S4 but at the moment all I use my phone for is sending messages, work emails and playing music.

2. everfreetree

everfreetree I... I like trees.

Section 10-iC of 'Muricaland. (Tennessee)
    Sony Z3V. Can't help you. I've always hated Blackberry devices ;)

3. edvorak

edvorak Member

Well it seems Blackberry are getting into bed with Google anyway, so Blackberry branded Android devices should start surfacing soon.

Might give the Blackberry Passport a trial when my contract renews, have 14 days to change it.

4. Mouse

Mouse Sometimes a man gets carried away

YouTube Channel:
    Nick8603
    I had Blackberry for work for about two years. They have now moved on to iPhones and I have never been more annoyed. The Blackberry was a much better device for that stuff. Much longer battery life (no touchscreen), decent keyboard which allowed very fast typing of emails, decent security (the iPhone is a pain with all the necessary security measures). If it was my personal device though I would want something with shiney HD screen for videos and other luxury features that I didn't need for work.

5. Steve91

Steve91 Wannabe Superheroine.

Had a BlackBerry and despised it. Using tech that was developed the wrong side of 10 years ago at a price competing with last years smartphone.

6. Alex Theory

Alex Theory Northern Monkey

Not so sure about them 'getting into bed' with Google (BlackBerry's USP with Law Enforcement and Government agencies is their privacy and encryption - Google.... not so much.) although the BB10 OS is based on Android in the loosest sense. You can sideload Google Play apps if you persevere.

7. Matthew Winter

Matthew Winter New Member

BlackBerry priv

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

8. Wuzza

Wuzza long time lurker

On the floor, triumphantly holding a bottle of red
    I just use Yahoo for email, but can't rave about the sound from the HTC One M8s highly enough.
    Can't compare to a Blackberry as I've never seen one in the flesh.