'Beyond The Pentatonic' Workshop Bonus Page live!

Discussion in 'MonkeyFest 2011' started by markmcguigan, Jul 15, 2011.

1. markmcguigan

markmcguigan Tartan Tapper

YouTube Channel:
    mastertheguitar
    To those who attended the 'Beyond The Pentatonic' workshop, the bonus material page is now live!

You know what to do to get access ;) (reminder that username is 'monkeyfest2011')

A video of the workshop plus PDFs for the handouts and most of the backings tracks are now available. I'll finish off the final few backing tracks ASAP!

Many thanks again for coming along to listen to my ramblings ;)

2. lienffur

lienffur Member

Hey Mark - thanks again for this - I found the workshop really useful, and I appreciate extra time you've taken to share the video, backing tracks, and all the CAGED/modes stuff...going to download it now, and go rev up the Suhr...:dance:
    Best wishes, Neil

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Shame I had to miss your seminar, Mark; was intending to come along but was dragged off elsewhere by the missus (and forever shall she pay!)

4. Porthos29

Porthos29 Member

Hi Mark I can't remember where to find the workshop bonus page:( can you remind me please.

5. Billyblunt

Billyblunt Sid the sexist

This is why we need to plan the playing & the clinics better next time to stop clashes. I didnt go to your clinic Mark & it looks like I missed something really special :-(

LxR369, Wire_n_Wood and Nick like this.
  6. Darfuria

Darfuria Well-Known Member Staff Member

YouTube Channel:
    Darfuria
    Everything clashed dude. There simply wasn't enough time to have everyone who was playing and everyone who was teaching to operate on one stage. Things clash at festivals all the time though. Next year it'll be different. :)

7. Billyblunt

Billyblunt Sid the sexist

I know Dan & it wasn't a criticism of anyone, just an observation. This yeas Monkeyfest was great success but also a steep learning curve for everyone involved. I can't start to imagine the logistics behind putting something like that together & hats of to you ;-)
    I'm sure you have new ideas that you'll put in to play & everyone will be blown away by Monkeyfest 2112. You can't have done such a bad job as I'm certainly coming to MF2112 :)

8. lienffur

lienffur Member

Mark provides the user name above - the web address & password are at the foot of the pages of the 'Beyond the Pentatonic' handout that was provided at the clinic... ;)

9. Adji

Adji Not Enough Prog

Sorry I missed this, unfortunately I was on stage haha. I'm sure it was a great clinic.

10. markmcguigan

markmcguigan Tartan Tapper

YouTube Channel:
    mastertheguitar
    Ach, nae worries at all! There's always next year ;)

In fact I've been thinking about just making the workshop available to all those who were at Monkeyfest or anyone who's interested on the forum.

How does the management feel about this? ;)

11. Wire_n_Wood

Wire_n_Wood Part-time Superhero

I'd personally love to have a look at the material as I only managed to catch up with you Mark just after the workshop had finished asking you about Skype lessons (I blame Adam's stage antics for missing your workshop!). But as you said, there's always next year!

12. BCPheonix-dlx

BCPheonix-dlx Active Member

That would be fantastic as I got lost looking for the spar in town ... was really looking forward to it as well... especially to see how my teachers teacher teaches lol.