Beginners guitar. Cort zenox z42?

Pexy

Hello guys I am planing to buy my first electric guitar. My budget is around 0-250£. I have seen online on one of my local stores a cort zenox z42 and it costs around 200£.
My biggest concern is that i would end up buying some pice of s#*t guitar. Have any one of you got any experience with cort guitars in particular the zenox z42 model? And is there a much better alternative to this guitar for the same amount od money. (For mostly rock and metal music)
Thanks in advance

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Hello guys I am planing to buy my first electric guitar. My budget is around 0-250£. I have seen online on one of my local stores a cort zenox z42 and it costs around 200£.
My biggest concern is that i would end up buying some pice of s#*t guitar. Have any one of you got any experience with cort guitars in particular the zenox z42 model? And is there a much better alternative to this guitar for the same amount od money. (For mostly rock and metal music)
Thanks in advance
Does the guitar need to have active pickups?
And whereabouts do you live Pexy?
You could grab something pretty wicked on the secondhand gear pages for £250...
:)

Pexy

Thanks for the feedback I will look up your recomendations. I am from Croatia, my guitar doesn't have to have active pockups, i have a strapand a lead and i was thinking about getting a micro terror with a cab for the amp choice.

Pexy

Even new, £250 will get you a lot of guitar. LIke an Epiphone SG. Or a http://www.gak.co.uk/en/squier-standard-stratocaster-candy-apple-red-rosewood/16039]Squier Standard Strat and a Line 6 practise amp. With enough change for a lead and a strap.
I have a lead and a strap. And for my amp I was thinking to go with orange micro terror and a small cab. (my amp doesn't need to have and I don't like it to have a bunch of features a basic tone, volume, and gain is all i need.

Pexy

I just had a look around Thomann: it looks like your budget is roughly £150 for the Orange stack, in addition to the £250 for the guitar. Here is how I would spend it:
Shipping would be free, due to the total cost.
It all looks great, but the only thing is that i can't try it out and see if it feels right to me. But thanks i will see if they hold any similar gear at my local stores.

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
It all looks great, but the only thing is that i can't try it out and see if it feels right to me. But thanks i will see if they hold any similar gear at my local stores.
That is a good point which I should have considered; I had been awake all night when I wrote that. Here are four suggestions which are shaped similarly to something you can probably try locally:

Pexy

That is a good point which I should have considered; I had been awake all night when I wrote that. Here are four suggestions which are shaped similarly to something you can probably try locally:
Thanks, I will try to look for theese style and brand of guitars at mylocal stores. I looked at the reviews and it seems they are preety sick guitars for the money.

bad alice

You're store should stock (at least some of) the following brands:
Jackson, Ibanez, Epiphone, Vintage, Esp Ltd, Squier or Yamaha (Pacificas are terrific)
I'd say most new guitars that are in your price range from all of these companies would be a safe bet but it might be worth asking what they have in stock that's secondhand - you might find a bargain...
Tbh Cort don't have the best reputation and, if you were ever wanting to sell the guitar for whatever reason, a Cort guitar might be harder to shift.
Let us know how you get on and if you want to check in again before you buy anything then we're here to help...

Pexy

You're store should stock (at least some of) the following brands:
Jackson, Ibanez, Epiphone, Vintage, Esp Ltd, Squier or Yamaha (Pacificas are terrific)
I'd say most new guitars that are in your price range from all of these companies would be a safe bet but it might be worth asking what they have in stock that's secondhand - you might find a bargain...
Tbh Cort don't have the best reputation and, if you were ever wanting to sell the guitar for whatever reason, a Cort guitar might be harder to shift.
Let us know how you get on and if you want to check in again before you buy anything then we're here to help...
Ok thanks ill let you know

Hosenbugler

Effervescent quality
I'm of the firm belief that the "best" (I know, I know) beginner guitars out there are Yamaha Pacificas and the Ibanez Gio series. I've never played a bad one of either.

bad alice

I'm of the firm belief that the "best" (I know, I know) beginner guitars out there are Yamaha Pacificas and the Ibanez Gio series. I've never played a bad one of either.
Seconded.
Fab necks, good build quality, great pickups, a reliable trem and lots of available tones.
I had one for years and it never let me down.
Great guitars!

Pexy

Seconded.
Fab necks, good build quality, great pickups, a reliable trem and lots of available tones.
Great guitars!
Seconded.
Great guitars!
Thanks I will look them up too.

Pexy

A strat or super strat style guitar will give you an idea of how they feel, though Ibanez has some fairly unique neck profiles in their catalog.
I know how it feels I have had an electric guitar that was boroved to me by my parents friend who is a guitar player and i did play that guitar for a bit.
Thanks anyway
(the guitar was hohner st scorpion with a little 9V battery marshall amp)

Ben Pinola

Professional Caffeine Addict
If you go for an epiphone les Paul special 2, they are VERY cheap but work well, and that will give you more money for an amp. It was my first guitar and the only thing that has gone wrong with it in the last 6(?) years is the thing holding the nut on the input jack fell off so I just have to tighten it every now and then. Other than that it's been 100% a great guitar for the price :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk