Avengers endgame (SPOILERS!!)

mirage2101

The last star wars movie was a good example of this.
I've seen people enjoy it but I'm a cranky old man who wanted to see luke skywalker save the day one more time.

But seriously, I think there's something to say for both approaches. I can very much enjoy a stupid movie. I loved bumblebee for instance. It was perfectly fine. But it's also fun to talk about what could've been done different or why certain choices were made. It's another way to enjoy the movie after enjoying it while watching.

On a side note, i remember at school that I always bought the 'wrong' toy. You know, my Han Solo wasn't period correct for the Luke Skywalker. That I my action man's SAS equipment wasn't the accurate/the latest version. That my guitar amp isn't 'all-valve'.....

There's always someone trying to assert their own superiority, their own anal requirements to get everything perfect that pisses all over the fun. I should have said it to young Stephen as a child but will make up for it now. Fuck off. You're a dick. People actively avoid you. My 'incorrect' Han Solo scaled Niagra Falls, teamed up with Superman and saved the fucking day. And now I'm rocking out with my overpriced guitar, abhorrent pickups and shameful amp like a fucking champion. It's called playing for a reason, because it's supposed to be fun!
I haven't seen anyone "piss all over the fun". I've seen people who liked the movie, people who didn't like it and people in the middle. As always though, the ones who liked it feel offended that anyone with reservations even joins the conversation. Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound? "Someone is trying to assert their own superiority" by saying "I didn't like this part of Popular Movie 4"? Please. People like different things, people are bothered by different things. Your enjoyment of a movie is in no way affected by criticism aimed at it by someone else and getting defensive about it to the point of trying to shoot them down as "taking it too seriously" or "overthinking it with their own anal requirements" is pointless.

I take it your part of "making up for it" is aimed at me, seeing as I'm the only one who voiced any criticism at the film here. Did it make you feel better? "Fuck off. You're a dick. People actively avoid you"? Good for you, seemed like a perfectly reasonable response. Next time you might even use the actual quote function rather than throwing shade in the least subtle way possible.

If it's "supposed to be fun" maybe you'd like to expand on that? In the context of a movie, what makes it fun? Maybe you enjoy watching comic books come alive, maybe you love the cinematography, or the story, or well written dialogue? What makes it "fun" differs for everyone, if any part of what makes it "fun" is poorly made, the movie will get criticized for it by the people who's enjoyment of the film decreased because of that part. It's not about "pissing all over" your fun.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
I haven't seen anyone "piss all over the fun". I've seen people who liked the movie, people who didn't like it and people in the middle. As always though, the ones who liked it feel offended that anyone with reservations even joins the conversation. Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound? "Someone is trying to assert their own superiority" by saying "I didn't like this part of Popular Movie 4"? Please. People like different things, people are bothered by different things. Your enjoyment of a movie is in no way affected by criticism aimed at it by someone else and getting defensive about it to the point of trying to shoot them down as "taking it too seriously" or "overthinking it with their own anal requirements" is pointless.

I take it your part of "making up for it" is aimed at me, seeing as I'm the only one who voiced any criticism at the film here. Did it make you feel better? "Fuck off. You're a dick. People actively avoid you"? Good for you, seemed like a perfectly reasonable response. Next time you might even use the actual quote function rather than throwing shade in the least subtle way possible.

If it's "supposed to be fun" maybe you'd like to expand on that? In the context of a movie, what makes it fun? Maybe you enjoy watching comic books come alive, maybe you love the cinematography, or the story, or well written dialogue? What makes it "fun" differs for everyone, if any part of what makes it "fun" is poorly made, the movie will get criticized for it by the people who's enjoyment of the film decreased because of that part. It's not about "pissing all over" your fun.
Uh.
Uuhhh...?
Maybe I’m wrong here but wasn’t @Chu reflecting on his childhood experiences of being bullied because he didn’t have the *right* Star Wars/Action Man toys?
Cuz...golly
This has escalated in a way I really didn’t expect.
You okay @Strigidae?
:(

Chu

I was replying to @johnniegoat, hence quoting his post. I then mentioned i was going off on a side note, it was not directly aimed at anyone here.

If I am being honest, i hadn't read your post to which Mr Goat was referring to. I assumed long ago that you had blocked me so i tend not to read your posts. I guess that doesn't really help to cool the situation but genuinely the post was a derailed rant at historical incidents, not to the comments within this thread.

Last edited:

beans & rice

So the next Spider-Man movie is the end of this phase of Marvel movies, and we'll not likely get anything so ambitious again. I can't imagine they'd spend another decade building up to another event like this. I don't imagine it's in their plans, and I'd kind of prefer it if they didn't. It's been exhausting as a fan to keep up, and I don't know if I can do it again. :bounce:

But I am looking forward to what stories and characters they bring in next.

mirage2101

So the next Spider-Man movie is the end of this phase of Marvel movies, and we'll not likely get anything so ambitious again. I can't imagine they'd spend another decade building up to another event like this. I don't imagine it's in their plans, and I'd kind of prefer it if they didn't. It's been exhausting as a fan to keep up, and I don't know if I can do it again. :bounce:

But I am looking forward to what stories and characters they bring in next.
I bet they will.
Let's see GotG3, warlock enters the picture. He gets his own movie about his evil future self with the church of truth. But during that adventure warlock casts out his good and evil self to be perfectly neutral.
In the movies after that stuff gets build up again, with his evil self as halfway boss, and his good self as final boss.

Or Doom and FF enter.

Kang might be one that ends with a new merged universe of X-men, FF, avengers and a bunch of new actors because of timetravel setting up onslaught. Setting op heroes reborn and.. etc.

It's a money printing machine for them and I'm happy to keep paying :)

beans & rice

I totally dismissed Kang. Great idea!
Now that they've opened the timestream Kang will be aware and start mucking around with the Avengers. Adding Doom, FF and X-Men would be simple enough with explanations like alternate timelines and parallel universes. And it would be a much different kind of universe-threatening story than Thanos that it wouldn't play out the same way.

Jeez, Onslaught would be insane. :D

mirage2101

I totally dismissed Kang. Great idea!
Now that they've opened the timestream Kang will be aware and start mucking around with the Avengers. Adding Doom, FF and X-Men would be simple enough with explanations like alternate timelines and parallel universes. And it would be a much different kind of universe-threatening story than Thanos that it wouldn't play out the same way.

Jeez, Onslaught would be insane. :D
Oh and they could do immortus, the keepers of time, Nathaniel Richards.. I don’t really like Kang but it opens up so much!
And I didn’t even realize it makes sense after their kicking with time that they’d draw his attention.

You think they’re hiring writers? :)

Chili Hobbes

So much time, and so little to do.
I'd love them to introduce FF, X-Men etc, and what I really want to see is a good rendition of Apocalypse introduced. Like you say they could keep this going for decades and I'd go see them all.

mirage2101

I'd love them to introduce FF, X-Men etc, and what I really want to see is a good rendition of Apocalypse introduced. Like you say they could keep this going for decades and I'd go see them all.
Ooh yeah.. introduce apocalypse when Scott and Jean have a son to setup cable. We can then flow into x-cutioners song and continue on to age of apocalypse. That’s 10 years of movies there.

I’d love to see xtinction agenda too. The whole genosha and mutant slaves thing was really good. (Bad but good story) that might make a good trilogy.