Any driving / racing fans in here?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stig, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Stig

Stig Member

Hey,
    Just wondering if any of you are fans of racing games?. I have a couple for my PlayStation. Asking because I have a full racing sum setup and was thinking of posting it in the stuff for sale section.

2. SchecterPT

SchecterPT Does anyone even read this?

YouTube Channel:
    TheSchecterPT
    I'm know as "the racing guy" at work so when folk ask about racing games folk talk to me. Sadly I don't have a nice wheel setup because of lack of space. Gutted that GT Sport is delayed until next year but that means more time on Forza Horizon 3!

3. Stig

Stig Member

Ahh cool, nice to meet you mate. I went all-out and bought everything but I don't really get time to use it now. My eldest has started using my PlayStation lol.
    Shame you don't have space mate.
    I got the Obutto R3volution
    Thrust master T500rs wheel & pedal set
    Thrust Master TH8A shifter

It's awesome but sadly going to waste. I also think the wife might want her dining room back!! Lol

4. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus” Staff Member

I used to be really into it, and I might get back into it a few years from now. I ran a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 with their original Clubsport pedals, mounted to their wheel stand: every bit of that rig is discontinued now.

5. Stig

Stig Member

I had a fanatec gt3 wheel a few years ago, orange colour. Only had the standard crappy pedals. And I tried using a Wheel Stand Pro, one that folds down to pack away. It was OK but nothing like the full thing I have now.

6. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

Sorry to necro, I do a lot of racing game stuff. I currently have a T300RG and the pedal set add on like the T500RS has. I got it because Granturismo Sport was due out but got postponed at the last fucking minuet. I have Assetto Corsa + Season Pass which has just been a massive disappointment.

I have only used it with my PS4 as I've not bothered much with PC racing

7. SaqibD

SaqibD Well-Known Member

I'm hearing really good things about Driveclub on VR...
    I have the normal game and it's pretty fun albeit not very realistic at all.

I used to have a Logitech G27 but honestly I only used it for Test Drive Unlimited 1 on PC and rFactor. Nothing on console has ever enticed me with a wheel, not even Gran Turismo. That may change with the new one...

Felix likes this.
  8. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

I use to have a G27 for my PS3 for GT5 as it really made the game much more fun. Driveclub VR looks awesome but I would have to sell a guitar to fun the VR headset.

9. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus” Staff Member

I used to love running the Top Gear test track in rFactor.

10. SaqibD

SaqibD Well-Known Member

Yeah, this whole VR thing is expensive...

I used to love mods :D

oh and I forgot... LIVE FOR SPEED

Felix likes this.
  11. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett I am the projectionist.

I've played a bunch of driving games over the years. I have to admit though that I really don't like playing them with a wheel, it feels nothing like driving a real car so its off putting to me. One of my favourite driving games is Forza Horizons, I loved the atmosphere of the game, it had something a bit different.

SaqibD likes this.
  12. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

A quality force feedback wheel and pedals makes a great game greater, but if the game has bad code for the FFB settings it can ruin a game. I've been impressed with Assetto Corsa and it's handling with a wheel. With GT5 I had my actual car in the game and I was able to get it to feel just like my RL car and that's what sold me on only using a wheel and pedal set for racing games.

Robstafarian and Wade Garrett like this.
  13. SaqibD

SaqibD Well-Known Member

what car was that? :D

I used to love doing that with my old Polo, but it seems my new Polo isn't in any games :(

14. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

I use to own a 2000 Subaru Impreza P1 which is basically the UK version of the Impreza WRX STi Type-R in GT5

Robstafarian and SaqibD like this.
  15. Dead Circuits

Dead Circuits Well-Known Member

I have a Logitech G27 and I occasionally use it for Dirt Rally or Assetto Corsa, but if I'm honest I much prefer putting some Stoner Rock on and playing Euro Truck Simulator 2...

16. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett I am the projectionist.

The driving game that I played the most was Rage Racer on PS1 back in the day. At the end of the game you were given the most insane handling car ever, great fun!