Amp options (Marshall gas)

Tetanus

In our rehearsal room we can rent a Blackstar HT100 and/or a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100h. I used the Blackstar because it's got the tighter, more modern metal gain structure/stages. Few weeks ago we noticed some volume drop issues between channel changes. So we swapped to the Marshall. The drummer immediately told me he likes it more over the Blackstar... For me the Marshall sounds more natural, raw etc but the gain getting fizzy/mushy on high settings (comparing to the BS). But with a TS clone (EHX ERD) and an EQ in the fx loop it's in the modern metal noise territory. I'm still experimenting with the settings (haven't find my tone) but so far so good. I might get the Marshall DSL series back on my wish list...

Chu

I have a Kemper. I spend half the time at home using profiles of Hiwatts, Friedmans and Mesas. At band practices and gigs, it's the Marshalls that stand out as being the best. Even the drummer and other guitarist mentioned it without prompting. Buy Marshall. Do it.

Wuzza

long time lurker
Well, I've decided to let this one go.
It now has one bid on it. The bidder has 0 feedback from 29 purchases, with 100% of their bids with the same seller. So it looks like he's artificially bumping up the price.
I'm old enough to know that if something smells dodgy, it probably is. (Plus I wouldn't be able to look at it before the auction ends.)

I also think that I got caught up with the idea of a cheap Marshall, not that there's anything wrong with that, but it probably isn't EXACTLY what I want. I went that road with my Classic 30...

The dream will live on however. The amps I've had over the years have been a device to make sound. I've never before had a raging hard-on for an amp.... An amp can be a tone machine, and it's only taken me 20+years to realise. :oops:

I'm going to take one of my guitars to the local store as soon as I can and give the DSL another audition, and also a TH30C if they have one in. There's also a couple of others on the radar, but I'll probably need to go a bit further afield if I want to try them.

Amazingly there's also a JCM900 50w DR 212 Model 4502 up on ebay, collection only, about 20 mins away from me, and in the town I work in. 2 1/2 days left and is on my watch list. (Off to do a bit of research) :dance:

The main thing I've learnt over the last week, is I fuckin love that Marshall sound. And it was only about 10 days ago I said I had no gas......:p

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Excuse my playing... This was 5 years ago.

Marshall Jcm 900 combo 100 watt

I forgot how good you are on guitar. That white Les Paul (custom?) looks and sounds flawless. Really great tone you were getting.

Wuzza , I would highly recommend my rig as a way to getting some of the most sublime "Marshall" tones, but the prices for an original or reissue like mine is just stupid.

Lone Star

I forgot how good you are on guitar. That white Les Paul (custom?) looks and sounds flawless. Really great tone you were getting.

Wuzza , I would highly recommend my rig as a way to getting some of the most sublime "Marshall" tones, but the prices for an original or reissue like mine is just stupid.
Thank you :) although, that was 5 years ago. I'm still nothing compared to a lot of others here but I do enjoy it :)

That was my Ivory Tokai love rock custom. It had a SD distortion bridge pup. Beautiful and solid guitar.