amateur radio

Paul Wickham

Oh no you didn't!
Oh not for many years, used to be mad into it. Call was G6 NRW, but moved to another country and never got a licence here. The internet kinda replaced it in a way.

Oh not for many years, used to be mad into it. Call was G6 NRW, but moved to another country and never got a licence here. The internet kinda replaced it in a way.
cool. that's kind of why i like it...pre-internet (at least for most people). had a CB for about 3 weeks in my teens...probably 30 years ago...always wanted to get back into it.

Paul Wickham

Oh no you didn't!
CB was where it all started for me, first a straight 40 AM rig, then a Cobra 148 GTL DX iirc for the side bands where I met some folk working on their licence. Myself and a couple of local friends I had met over the rig decided to do the same. Really started to fall by the wayside when I got my first recording set up, that over the years has filled most of those *I need something to do* moments, and forums became my way of meeting and chewing the fat with total strangers...This is a classic case in point :)